Student Computer Repair
Our computer troubleshooting and repair services are available to all registered UC Davis students. We fix desktop and laptop systems running Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OS 10.4. If you have data on your computer that needs to be backed up, we can help.
NOTE: This is a fee-based service. Charges are billed to your student account. Most solutions require 1-2 hours.” There is no charge for estimates.
Virus and Spyware detection and removal
- remove popups
- remove viruses
- install and configure anti-virus, anti-adware, and anti-spyware software
- diagnose hardware issues
- hardware component installations, such as memory, hard drives, wireless network cards, etc.
System and security updates and patches
- Secure the system and assure system patches are up-to-date
- diagnostic evaluation, repair, and optimization
- software reinstallation
- troubleshoot software installations
- configuration for campus networks
- troubleshooting network, and connectivity issues
- create a backup copy of critical documents and files
- consult on backup solutions
- transfer data from one system to another